Centre for Local GOVERNANCE ADVOCACY

  • (+233) (0) 303 937 222
    (+233) (0) 54 406 0160

Volta

NORTH DAYI

DISTRICT PROFILE
The North Dayi District Assembly was established by LI 2076 of 2012 as one of the newly created districts in the Volta Region of Ghana. Its capital is Anfoega. The Assembly was inaugurated on Thursday, 28th June 2012.

Assembly Members (34)

•   Males (28)
•   Females (6)

POPULATION
According to the 2010 Population and Housing Census, the total population of the District is 39,913 with males constituting 46.7 percent whilst females form the remaining 53.3 percent. The population of the District constitutes 1.9 percent of the regional population.

ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES
The district economy is basically dominated by agricultural activities. The climatic condition of the district favourably supports variety of crops and livestock production. Crop production is characterized by small farms land holdings with average farm size of 0.5 ha, the use of simple farming tools and techniques, bush fallowing or shifting cultivation practices, over reliance on rain-fed agriculture and low level of inorganic fertilizers and other chemical application.

D.C.E - Hon Kudjo Edmund Attah

                     source:www.mofep.gov.gh/publications/composite-budget-2015 and other sources

Other Related Links

Other Related Links