• (+233) (0) 303 937 222
  • (+233) (0) 54 406 0160

    Ahafo

    ASUNAFO NORTH

    DISTRICT PROFILE
    Asunafo North Municipal Assembly is one of the twenty-seven (27) administrative districts and one of the eight (8) Municipalities (Cities) in the Brong Ahafo Region ofthe Republic of Ghana. It was established by Legislative Instrument (L.I 1873) in 2008 after the re-demarcation of the then Asunafo District.

    Assembly Members (43)
    • Males (39)
    • Females (4)
    LOCATION AND SIZE
     The municipality is located in the south-west portion of the Brong Ahafo Region and shares boundaries with five(5) other District Assemblies namely Dormaa Municipal, Bia District, Asutifi South, Asutifi North and Asunafo South District Assemblies.It covers a total land area of 1,097.7km2. This represents about 2.8% of the Brong Ahafo Regional land size of 39,554 km2.It has a tropical climate and vegetation. 53% of the land size is covered by tropical evergreen forest while the remaining 47% is available for agriculture, human Settlement and other economic activities.

    POPULATION
    According to the 2010 Populationand Housing Census of Ghana, the
    municipality had a population of 124,685which currently (2015) stands at about 177,646 at an annual growth rate of  2.6%. The Municipality has more males 62,854 (50.4%) than females 61,831 (49.6%).The Municipality has Six Zonal Councils with Goaso as the administrative city.

    ECONOMIC ACTIVITY
    The Municipality is dominated by agruculture and its related activities. The agricultural sector acounts for 62.7%of the active labour force compared to 45.8% at the national level. Next important sector to agriculture is Commerce which employs17.9% of the labour force followed by service 10.6%and industry 8.8%.




    M.C.E - HON. YAW OSEI-BOAHEN

                 source:www.mofep.gov.gh/publications/composite-budget-2016 and other sources
'

Address

  • P.O. Box CT 4559, Cantonments, Accra
  • Ghana Post: GD-220-0693
  • CLGA HOUSE, NO. 6 NAA AFRIYIE STREET, BEHIND OMNI BANK, ZOOMLION HEAD OFFICE ROAD

Contact Numbers

  • (+233) (0) 303 937 222
  • (+233) (0) 312 297 770
  • (+233) (0) 302 905 651

Contacts

  • clgaghana@gmail.com
  • info@clgaghana.com
  • clgaghana@outlook.com